Reaver Sacks the Grey Havens [BATG 2023]

Utterly gorgeous in every way
Fantastic models beautifully painted

1 Like

Westfalian plague has continued to gnaw at the BATG but it is a rot I will happily endure.

Screen Shot 2023-07-24 at 10.17.28 AM

Come on, this dwarf is too good. Fat kobold and drum kobold just hopped into cart randomly. Can’t be helped.

4 Likes

Lonnnng time no BATG. Excuses aside… I’m back on the dead horse.

With a model from @KhamdrimSkyMaster and an old plastic Reaper reaper for a statue I came up with enough graveyard bits for a filler to the two chariots from my box o dead, officially capping off that amazing haul of minis.

Also dug up this old (1978ish?) Elan Merch Mounted Nazgûl model. I have a bag of ol lead lotr from a friend’s dad. This one looked enjoyable and only needed the scythe repaired.

9 Likes

That grenadier model looks sick in that unit!!!

2 Likes

Familiars are back as a tried and true way to get me painting.

Some of these are net zeros as they were sculpted this year.
+5 Created (Beagle crab, big tongue, mantis shrimp, mini Oss, and prawntaur)
-11 Painted

6 Likes

BATG:
Bums are the guns 2023

4 Likes

Taking credit for my zhanta gift now. Update to follow when the secret is out.

4 Likes

Once buried in the grey sands I now find unlife again in the negative numbers. Continuing the storied tradition of Reaver paints piles of bones December. How long will it last? Too soon to tell…

These Tomb Kings are a mishmash of 2-3 different periods of acquiring skellies. From my first warhammer infantry box, to panic purchases the day the TKs died. The Mage Knight bone golem on the right predates even my earliest Games Workshop purchases by a year or two.

And now I find myself with a mainstream TOW starter box faction. Mercifully, enjoyment of nostalgia outweighs the sour taste of not being a cool kid anymore.

Luckily I can just park my head in the sand with my tomb kings and take no part in the good guy bad guy crap that’s going on in Bretonnia and the Old World.

9 Likes

So good. Derp skellies ftw!

1 Like

WTF, I thought we were in this together?

EO94

Very nice unit though, I guess…

4 Likes

I am by no means in a comfortable spot going into the holidays….

I will be lucky to hold a -1 by year end.

1 Like

Closed Red Bard pledge manager. Snagged these 6 below as well as two anticipated kickstarter freebies.

3 Likes

Speaking of Red Bard. Another 6 entities counting as -1. I’m not nothing if not inefficiently not efficient.

3 Likes

Committed to a sculpt from Edbot. Excited to put this lad to use!

4 Likes

Planning to paint mine as I finish this current model. So many things to do FFS
Also glad you finally got it!

2 Likes

It’s currently still held hostage by khamporco skydio. But I have just the idea for it!

Tactically purchasing myself back close to -1. Also got a future bird gift for the holidays. I’ll be selling off or giving away at least 4 of the Jade Obelisk but some of the sculpts in there will be very useful for Tzeentch conversions. The kharadron character will likely go toward an existing project but I’ll count him as a +1 just in case I use him solo on foot.

1 Like

Here’s my end of year tally. A fight to the finish! My goal this year was a different BATG medal than last year. Barely achieved, hopefully in 2024 I’ll take another step toward BATG medal bingo.

1 Like

2 Likes