[Archive] [7-20-2009] Juggernaut!

Willmark:

I usually funnel everything through my army blog pertaining to my Chaos Stunties… but this might be an one that might be cool enough to warrant its own thread… My scratch built juggernaut!

I have actually been thinking about this project since this time last year, but I wanted to get my army to a point where it was usable (3,000 closing in on 4,000 points now). I have sketched this out a few times, but nothing came from it.

Flash forward to Podcast Number 3 and I hinted at a number of �ober Secret projects… well here is the first one. I actually started this a few weeks ago, but my arrer boyz demanded my attention as I wanted to finish them off first.

I have done a bunch of scratch builds for my Space Marine army before so I think I have a good amount of experience under my belt. This is going to utilize a ton of materials when it is all said and done so stay tuned. There is also going to be some cool add-on(s) to make it more useful.

Before we get to it keep this in mind thou, right now it is VERY ROUGH I have done no finishing work and I am just trying to space everything out correctly. I’m going from a print out from Stuff of Legends, to boot. So again, just the rough shape, I think it will be cool to see it as it progresses.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c20290rcchdwfwms.htm

Add to all of this, I’ve never actually seen one!

As teh weeks go by I will be adding more. My first picture shows my first goof; I made it a tad to long so I had to cut through a cr*p load of super glue to shorten it.

Anyways more details later on with the pictures:

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice work! :cheers

I think the scale is really good, you should be able to fit 4 blunderbuss warriors in those levels (you can only just fit 2 in the original :() this looks very promising indeed!

Will you be green stuffing details on there at some point? let me know if you want some better pics of the details.

Looking forward to updates on this thread :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

augggggg willmark a few more canon it be a land boat!!!

great job

Willmark:

Nice work! :cheers

I think the scale is really good, you should be able to fit 4 blunderbuss warriors in those levels (you can only just fit 2 in the original :() this looks very promising indeed!

Will you be green stuffing details on there at some point? let me know if you want some better pics of the details.

Looking forward to updates on this thread :D

Ghrask Dragh
You have one? Most definitely!

Pyro Stick:

Looking good so far. How many towers are you going to add? What wheels did you use? This has made me want to finish my scratch built jugger as well. All it needs is wheels, cannons/swivel guns and decoration with chains or something.

Ghrask Dragh:

You have one? Most definitely!

Willmark
I certainly do :) pics are on the way!

Those wheels look so familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it, chaos chariot maybe?

Willmark:

Pyro- the wheels are chaos chariot wheels. I bought a bunch of them last fall before the death of the online store. They have been sitting around since then. Now you also know the reason why I put the jugger in issue #2 of the WoH.

Ghrask- many thanks in advance for photos.

EDIT: Ghrask- in inches what is the rough height and width of the base level an the towers, that would also be a huge help.

Pyro- levels? 1, however I have a plan for this I will share once I get further along on it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking very good. by levels he means how many floors will it have. The original juggernaught had the level above the boar centaur, then another atop that.

AGPO:

Speaking of which, I look forward to seeing the Boar Centaur you make to push it :slight_smile:

Viskar Zhragoth:

That looks awesome!

I think I have the sides for the jugger around. I can get you photos/scans of it tomorrow. I’ll pm you.

(I actually got them at GW uk years ago for a conversion that I never did…:wink: )

Willmark:

Looking very good. by levels he means how many floors will it have. The original juggernaught had the level above the boar centaur, then another atop that.

Hashut's Blessing
I got that you goof!

AGPO- you might be waiting a while... :)

Pyro Stick:

That looks awesome!

I think I have the sides for the jugger around. I can get you photos/scans of it tomorrow. I'll pm you.

(I actually got them at GW uk years ago for a conversion that I never did......;-) )

Viskar Zhragoth
If you arent using those jugger sides would you consider selling them to me?

GRNDL:

I like it, but I find myself thinking that it needs lots of wheels!! Maybe just because more wheels = more spikes!!

And more spikes can never be wrong, right?

Ghrask Dragh:

Sorry Willmark, do you mean the width of the level bases and the height from one level to another?

If you mean this…

(sorry about the big pic, it was for detail :))

…then it’s just over 1 inch square and they are spaced out about 1 inch above each other too.

Here’s a pic for size reference.

like I said before your better off making it alot bigger than this :smiley:

And more spikes can never be wrong, right?

GRNDL
You can never have too many spikes :cheers

Willmark:

GRNDL- I thought about that, I comptenplated adding 1 more to each side. After mocking it up I decided it didn’t look to good, nor did it echo the juggernaut having the 6 wheels.

Ghrask-holy cr*p I never knew how tiny that thing was! Of course never having  seen one.

cornixt:

Is it GW siege-tower scale?

Maybe I should finish off my cardboard one.

Ghrask Dragh:

No, it is alot smaller than you would think (and what I thought too), but if you look again at the stuff of legends pics you can see the scale with the miniatures on that then wonder why you ever thought it was that big :slight_smile: the one I posted has no side turrets which makes a marginal difference. Things were alot smaller back in the 3rd Edition though, I have a chaos champion on war griffon from marauder which is also on a smaller scale than the GW ones produced now.

I was thinking of making one from scratch myself because I couldn’t get the image of 4 Kees Headblasts on each level with their blunderbusses looking mean and ready to blow something up :smiley:

Pyro Stick:

Wow that jugger is tiny! My scratch built one must be at least 4 times the size of the original, so you can see how ive had trouble finding bits to finish it off. Heres the thread for mine:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5588

Willmark:

Thanks for those Ghrask, stop stealing my ideas. Of course with the state of completness of your Lammasu I’m in no danger :stuck_out_tongue:

Cornixt mine will be to siege scale.

Pyro- see you should have listened to my comments from a year ago. :wink:

Ghrask Dragh:

Thanks for those Ghrask, stop stealing my ideas. Of course with the state of completness of your Lammasu I'm in no danger

Willmark
:D :D :D
You're certainly aren't! that made me laugh, almost as much as this...
I would love to have a juggernaut in my army...
Might try one of my own acctually?

Ghrask Dragh. 08-29-2007
:rolleyes:

btw I've checked the wargriffon size and it's about the same as the new coldones