Warhammer Underworlds Warbands [2023-08-17]

A few friends and I started with a little Warhammer Underworlds project.
I already had Zarbag’s Gitz for my Night Goblin army, but the idea was for everyone to paint up a war band, so I went for Elathain’s Soulraid.
I really like this warband concept. Very low model count, unique sculpts, there are easily 5 other warbands I would be interested in painting up (interestingly I am more interested in painting here, while usually I am after playing. Curious.), so who knows, now that there’s actually gaming involved (Hard for me to justify getting even more models for the pile of shame when I cannot even “use” them), I might get the occasional warband…

1 Like

Let’s start with my first one, Zarbag’s Gitz. Just recently I finished the last characters, so it’s finally complete. As the main use is WHFB, they are on boring square bases instead of the detailed round ones (except the fanatic, obviously), but that doesn’t matter for Warhammer Underworlds.

Really loving these models.

8 Likes

Gotta be honest here, 90% of the reason for getting Elathain’s Soulraid was Crabnos. Awesome model. The rest is not too bad either :slight_smile:

Pretty early on I knew I was going to paint the fish like Flounder from the Little Mermaid. I’ve seen this done a few times on instagram, but less often than I would have assumed. What I haven’t seen though is painting up the whole warband in a Little-Mermaid scheme. Interesting. So here I present Elathain’s Mermaid.

14 Likes

Ahahahaha oh god this so cool and funny! Well done mate!

1 Like

Playtime under the sea is over, now it’s time to steal some souls :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Snow White & Seven Chorfs themed warband when!?

2 Likes

Hahahahaha, let’s see if GW releases another more “classic” dwarf faction :smiley:

But yeah, the Disney/Warband marriage could be the next big thing after the LEGO / Legion of Votann crossover :thinking:

1 Like

3 Likes

This is inspiring, 100% need to dip into some kind of reference for the next warband.

Love the way you’ve snuck the Little Mermaid into this, I say snuck because if you took this somewhere they weren’t aware I’d they easily play the full game without noticing.

Flounder I’d say is my fav :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Thanks so much, too kind :pray:

Was my first time taking this kind of outside inspiration too, was quite satisfying! Personally I have to say Ursula is maybe my fav, and I think the colours work surprisingly well for these half-souled Namarti or what they’re called.

I think Flounder would give it away a little, such iconic colours :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As a staunch Night Goblin enthusiast, I had to paint Grinkrak’s Looncourt. Very nice models, they’re leaning much more into the more loony side of Gloomspite Gitz where e.g. Zarbag’s Gitz still had that more grim aspect of late WHFB Night Goblins.

8 Likes

nice work! I really love the hammer-jouster. Quite a fun bunch all around

1 Like

Thanks mate!
Yeah its hard to go wrong with Night Goblins, and this is yet another fun underworlds warband. Had a good time painting them.

1 Like

these guys are hilarious! well done!

1 Like

Love the blue and pink checkerboard, very striking!

1 Like

That’s mate! I felt they needed something knightly, so I tried my best for some kind of heraldry on the shields :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had been eyeing Rippa’s Snarlfangs for a while. To differentiate them from my Night Goblins I used Death Guard Green as the final skin tone colour and quite like it. I might use it for my “Hobgoblins” (read Hobgrots and Gitmob Snarlfang Riders) as well.

6 Likes