Brushing off the Blues: War against the gray 2024

Gather 'round, ye painters of miniatures, for the call to arms echoes through the realms of gray! As the brush-wielding warriors of the Battle Against The Gray (BATG), we stand united against the relentless tide of unpainted miniatures threatening to engulf our creative sanctuaries. The battleground is set, the paints are ready, and the war drums beat with the rhythm of countless unpainted models waiting to be transformed.

In the hallowed tradition of BATG, our mission remains clear: paint more than you acquire, and let not the gray hoard conquer your hobby space. Every brushstroke is a strike against the forces of inertia, and every painted model is a victory in the ongoing war on gray!

For those unfamiliar or those who have let the rules slip from memory, fear not! The rules are simple yet potent, encapsulated in the sacred code of positive and negative scores. Every acquired miniature, when pledged to the paintbrush, adds to your score. Every meticulously painted model deducts from it.

The spreadsheet is updated with a new sheet for 2024. Starting with BATG23 you only have to fill in what you did that month and the spreadsheet calculates the net score, this will stay the same for 2024.

But why, you ask? The answer is as simple as a well-executed dry brush technique—because we refuse to be buried under an avalanche of unpainted plastic! Paint them, use them, and revel in the satisfaction of defeating the gray menace.

And for those who emerge victorious in this miniature crusade, glory awaits in the form of badges!

Badges

BATG - Gray
This badge is for ending a Battle Of The Gray with a total score of -1, meaning you painted 1 model more then you bought!

BATG - Bronze
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -25, meaning you painted 25 models more then you bought!

BATG - Silver
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -50, meaning you painted 50 models more then you bought!

BATG - Gold
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -100, meaning you painted 100 models more then you bought!

BATG - Blackshard
This badge is for ending a Battle Against The Gray with a total score of -200, meaning you painted 200 models more then you bought!

So, fellow warriors, join the cause, update your blogs, showcase your victories, and let the world know that you stand tall in the War Against The Gray [BATG2024]! May your brushes be steady, your scores be negative, and your miniatures be painted to glorious victory! The war on gray awaits—let the painting commence!

5 Likes

“In which we imagine EvilFuzzyDoom happy” [BATG 2024]

Darth Reaver Guns Down Grey Squadron [BATG 2024]

Beyond Black and White: The Grayt Escape [BATG 2024 MichaelX]

Fifty shapes freed [BATG 2024]

Lord Aldades faces the Medusa

Pyroven is a Balrog in the Mines of Moria [BATG 2024]

Hotstuff gets in on the game [BATG 2024]

I’m not starting a BatG 2024 thread [BatG 2024]

Chitzkoi-shi’s hoesaeggwaui ssaum [BATG 2024]

[BatG 2024] tjubs efforts

5 Likes

8 Likes

I enjoyed reading through this series, and will be joining this initiative for 2024

My blog set-up: Lord Aldades faces the Medusa

4 Likes

One Of Us GIFs | GIFDB.com

5 Likes

Lets take advantage of the TOW wave and spice BATG up a bit

3 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

Help me Row One Bingnobi you’re my only hope…

4 Likes